The 2017 MaxSAT Evaluation (MSE 2017) is the 12th edition of MaxSAT evaluations, the primary competition-style event focusing on the evaluation of MaxSAT solvers organized yearly since 2006.
The main goals of MaxSAT Evaluation 2017 (MSE 2017) are
- to assess the state of the art in the field of MaxSAT solvers,
- to collect and re-distribute a heterogenous MaxSAT benchmark set for further scientific evaluations, and
- to promote MaxSAT as a viable option for solving instances of a wide range of NP-hard optimization problems.
MSE 2017 welcomes contributions of two types from the community at large:
- New MaxSAT benchmarks encoding instances of interesting NP-hard optimization problems, and
- implementations of MaxSAT solvers that will be evaluated within MSE 2017 on a heterogenous collection of benchmarks.
As a new development for 2017, MSE 2017 is run under a new organization as a collaboration between University of Helsinki (Finland), University of Lleida (Spain), University of Texas at Austin (USA), and University of Toronto (Canada).